Drupal core security advisories
The Media Library module does not properly check entity access in some circumstances. This may result in users with access to edit content seeing metadata about media items they are not authorized to access.
The vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that the inaccessible media will only be visible to users who can already edit content that includes a media reference field.
This advisory is not covered by Drupal Steward.Solution:
Install the latest version:
- If you are using Drupal 10.0, update to Drupal 10.0.2.
- If you are using Drupal 9.5, update to Drupal 9.5.2.
- If you are using Drupal 9.4, update to Drupal 9.4.10.
All versions of Drupal 9 prior to 9.4.x are end-of-life and do not receive security coverage. Note that Drupal 8 has reached its end of life.
Drupal 7 core does not include the Media Library module and therefore is not affected.Reported By:
- Lee Rowlands of the Drupal Security Team
- Dan Flanagan
- Sean Blommaert
- xjm of the Drupal Security Team
- Benji Fisher of the Drupal Security Team
- Dave Long of the Drupal Security Team
- Jen Lampton, provisional member of the Drupal Security Team
- Sascha Grossenbacher
- Lauri Eskola, provisional member of the Drupal Security Team